THIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY!
This is also the season where you get to stuff your face with all the wonderful goodies of Christmas. We know your mouth waters up just as much as ours does when we think about Christmas! Gathering around the dining table with roast, pies and eggnog christening the dinner table.
Cranberries are amazing!
They just pop up in your life like Bollywood movies. It doesn't matter what race or nationality you are, you have definitely watched a Bollywood movie, whether you wanted to or not! The same goes for cranberries, the delicious fruit is just always there! I don't know what in the hell's going on with cranberries, but they're getting in all the other juices.
Whoever the salesman is for cranberries is doing a great job. He's showing up everywhere. Hey, what do you got, some apples? Put some cranberries in there. We'll call it cran-apple and go 50-50. What do you get grapes? How about cran-grape. What do you get mangos? Cran-mango. What do you get pork chops? Cran-chops. Why don't you back off, cran-man. Why don't you take your sales trophy and have a vacation, but not this year though, because we are making Baked Cranberry Pudding this Christmas! Keep reading for the recipe!
🔹️2 large eggs, separated 🔸️1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
🔹️1 cup packed brown sugar 🔸️1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar, divided
🔹️1/2 cup heavy whipping cream 🔸️1/8 teaspoon salt
🔹️1/4 cup butter, melted 🔸️3 cups coarsely chopped cranberries
🔹️2 teaspoons vanilla extract
🔸️1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour 🔹️1-1/2 cups sugar
🔸️3 tablespoons grated orange zest 🔹️1/2 cup orange juice
🔸️1 teaspoon baking powder 🔹️2-1/2 cups whole cranberries
🔸️1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 🔹️Orange zest strips and whipped cream
• Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
• In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, cream, melted butter, vanilla and egg yolks until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, orange zest, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar and salt. Add chopped cranberries; toss to coat. Gradually add to sugar mixture, mixing well. (the batter will be stiff.)
• Add remaining cream of tartar to egg whites; with clean beaters, beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Fold into batter. Transfer to a greased 9-in. spring form pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes.
• Meanwhile, for topping, combine sugar and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently; cook until sugar is dissolved, 2-3 minutes. Add cranberries; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until berries pop, stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
• When pudding tests are done, place spring form pan in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spoon cranberry mixture over top. Bake 10 minutes longer.
• Cool pudding on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove rim from pan. Cool at least 1 hour before serving.
• If made ahead, pudding can be warmed in a 350° oven for 10 minutes. If desired, top with orange zest and serve with whipped cream.
(This recipe can also be found on the Tasteofhome.com website)
If you're a nutrition freak, one slice of this amazing Cranberry Pudding consists of 402 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 3g fibre), 4g protein. BUT its Christmas so it doesn't really count.
If you are planning to try out this recipe for Christmas, please be sure to tag us in your photos so we can virtually have a slice! Also, please be sure to comment your favorite pudding in the comment section and maybe leave us a picture or recipe of your amazing creation!
We have our FIVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS coming up soon so please like our page Empower Beyond Boundaries on Facebook and hit the follow button to make sure you don't miss out on the fun! Also join our mailing list for future updates on events and posts in the coming months: https://www.subscribepage.com/empowerbeyondboundariesmailing
Written by Sophie Leota
(Editor and Communications Coordinator)